A vital gateway to the City of Newton and the surrounding area is our James H. Easom Field airport (M23). Located southeast of Newton, it is less than 3 miles from Interstate 20, via State Highway 15. The airport has one asphalt runway, Runway 13/31, which measures 3,000 feet in length by 75 feet in width. Named after James Easom, a mechanic at the airport for many years, the airport is the only municipal air terminal in Newton County. For FAA information about James H. Easom Field, go to AirNAV.com.
- Courtesy shuttle service.
- Terminal with waiting area, computers, scanner, fax machine, and phone.
- Full-service kitchen equipped with a stove, refrigerator, microwave, sink with a garbage disposal, as well as large bathroom with shower.
- High-tech fuel pump is provided for planes, utilizing a credit card. Pilots can get gas 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Newton, MS 39345
- 30 miles west of Meridian, MS
- 65 miles east of Jackson, MS
- 155 miles south of Tupelo, MS
- 80 miles north of Hattiesburg, MS